Holler is a content platform for messaging. Our mission is to help people have better conversations.
We work with leading chat, dating, gaming and productivity applications to provide rich content experiences for users, whenever and wherever they message. By understanding the connection between content, words, people, places, and time, we surface relevant content for people when communicating with friends and family.
We operate a multi-sided platform; our stakeholders includes end users, platform partners, marketers, and content creators. Our success depends on our ability to understand these stakeholders — to understand how users use our product, how our content performs, and how our business partners work with us. We are looking for a product leader to lead, innovate, and deliver value through our product for all our constituencies.
Our solution services hundreds of millions of users across billions of messages each month and in this role you will be able to define the conversation experience for consumers. We are creating the future of content in the conversation space, therefore, the ideal candidate should have a passion for technology and creativity while being excited to roll their sleeves up in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (research, engineering, product, marketing) throughout the design process to ensure the effective execution of designs and release of high-quality products
- Illustrate and articulate design ideas using process flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Break any design problem down into viable, actionable stories and solve them with clarity and precision
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns
- 4+ years as a proven UX designer, with at least part of that focused on consumer software (a portfolio is a must)
- Demonstrated expertise in playing a core UX role on teams that have shipped successful consumer products
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends and demonstrable design skills
- Expert level skills in Sketch, Invision, Zeplin and other relevant design tools
- Good understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design